You will need:
2 egg yolks
15 gr ( ½ oz) caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
570 ml (1 pt) milk
120 gr (4 oz) dark chocolate
4 tbsp chocolate and hazelnut spread
100 ml (3 fl.oz) whipping cream, beaten until stiff
grated chocolate to decorate
- Beat together the two eggs, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour until well mixed.
- Heat the milk until nearly boiling. Gradually pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture whilst whisking.
- Heat the chocolate and chocolate spread in a bowl over warm water: When melted, whisk into the egg mixture.
- Grease six small ramekins or ovenproof dishes and pour in the mixture. Cover the tops with foil and place in a roasting tray. Fill the tray with water halfway up the dishes, and place in a preheated oven at 170DC / 335DF / gas mark 3 for 30-40 minutes, or until the custard is set.
- Remove from the tray and chill until required. Decorate the tops with whipped cream and a little grated dark chocolate.